24 December 2010

The Round Table

This project was started months ago and I just hadn't got around to finishing it.
First I had to strip the layers of paint off the top

 Took quite a few applications of stripper to get back to the wood
 Then had to pull it apart and sand the shelf and the legs ready for painting
After I painted it, it sat on the bench in the shed for months before Steve thought I had given up and took over. He's done a fantastic job, applying another layer of paint, vanishing the top and putting it all back together. We think it looks pretty good.


>*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*<

Also, I spent my birthday money from my darling Stephen and my lovely children on these James Kent, DuBarry Trio's which I found online. They came all the way from Wales and nothing was broken.  Soo happy with them.




>*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*< >*<

We had to go to an auto shop the other day and right next door is my second favourite shop, The Salvo's (favourite being Bunnings). I found these lovely candlesticks, for the larger ones I paid  $1.99 each, which have Peerage England stamped on the bottom. The smaller ones I only paid 99c each for them, they are from India but very cute and quite heavy. 
What a bargain!! 

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Table looks great, the James Kent Du Barry collection is fab...just wondering when you are going to re upholster the chairs in the hallway that you bought fabric for months ago????

Merry Christmas and much love xxxx

Vicki said...

Plus candlesticks a bargain!

Kerry and Stephen said...

Maybe I should mention something to Steve?? Ha Ha... No, we might do them together!!