03 September 2012

Happy Father's Day 2012

It has been seven years since my father passed away. Even though I didn't spend a lot of time with him during my childhood I still felt close to him and knew that he loved me. I think of him often and wish I could have spent more quality time with him in his later years but unfortunately that was not to be.



Dad loved his motor bikes
 In later years after he retired he still worked hard buying and doing up houses 
Still working hard here but not being able to talk much. We eventually found out after a lot of tests that dad had contracted Motor Neurone Disease.
 Dad eventually ended up in hospital after a few falls at home and passed away at Nazareth House in Geraldton surrounded by this three daughters on the 22nd August 2005.

 ********************
We had a get together yesterday with all the Mather children for Stephen and his dad. Coffee and lots of cake, a very large chocolate one made by Renae, you can just see it in the background of this photo. (I should have taken a shot of it but forgot!!) and an apple cake made by me.
Stephen with his HUGE present!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!


2 comments:

Vicki said...

Dad was such a gentle soul!

Vicki said...

Also what a great box for something once the chockies are all gone!