18 September 2010

Happy Birthday Georgia Porga Puddin 'n Pie....

Today is Georgia's birthday, my youngest, she's 23 today. A special post for her.

You came into the world with no problems, but at a very traumatic time for me. My mum, your grandmother was dying of cancer and we had moved to Perth temporarily (living in a caravan in a friends backyard) to be with her for the last few months of her life. You were the new beginning, the light in my life.

You were such a cute baby and also a very good baby sleeping through the night by 7 weeks.

We lived in Wickham when you were born. 

Here are a couple of old video's of you in Point Samson at a friends place being the centre of attention!! 
(HAVE YOUR SOUND ON)



Before you turned 1 we had moved to Perth. This was when we found out you loved the taste of soap. I couldn't leave you in the bath with a cake of soap because when I got back there would be big chunks out of it and nowhere to be found. I still don't get that!! 


And here is another home movie of you trying to copy your big sister Bianca...so cute!!


More unusual tastes

We moved to Greenhead/Leeman when you were about 4 and you made friends right away  with Heather who lived down the road. The two of you made it hard for me to keep track of as the both of you would wonder off to each others house without letting anyone know. When you started school you met Samara and the three of you became inseparable and you are all still friends today.










The picture below was taken at South Bay in Greenhead and about an hour before we had a very bad car accident (not my fault). Luckily you weren't hurt so friends looked after you for about three weeks while I was in hospital. I missed you soo much.
Most of the time it was just you and me as Elliot was living in Busselton and Bianca was away at school. 
You and I
We went fishing around Leeman and camped regularly at Lake Indoon.  We were a team! 

You, Samara, Agro and Carole
 
You and Samara at Lake Indoon

We moved to Geraldton when you were in Yr 7, leaving your friends and trying to make new ones before high school was very hard but you went along with it as you knew it was for the best. 
You made some good friends while in Geraldton and also had Samara living in the hostel and going to the same school which made things a little easier.  
You and Gemma
School wasn't really 'your cup of tea' and you were ready to leave at the end of year 10. You promptly got yourself a job at a day care centre and made the transition for school to work. You found that working with children was what you wanted to make your career and are now in the process of  studying and getting a certificate.

Sometimes you lack confidence in yourself and think you can't do things but you proved you can do anything when you organised a surprise 50th birthday river cruise for me. And boy was it a surprise!! You did a fantastic job...THANK YOU!
Eva, Isabella, Bianca and You on the river cruise


I am very proud of the beautiful woman you have grown into and I love you very much. 



Happy Birthday Darling


1 comment:

Vicki said...

Such a cutie, happy belated birthday Georgia, I will give you a kiss and hug when I get back.