06 June 2011

Back on Yulgering

Well it's that time of year again where we go back to Yulgering Farm for a few weeks and enjoy the country life. We're happy to be here but also happy it's only for 2 - 3 weeks as getting up this early when it's so very cold, really does suk!
 

This is a very well run and extremely well organised farm. Russell has been doing some work cleaning up around some of the old wells. We went out to one of them but I didn't have the camera with me..yeah I know, Duh!!  Hope to go out again before we leave to take a few snaps. I would go out myself but I can't get into the area because I have to climb over the fence. Not as easy as it sounds when it's as high as your armpits and have really short legs. So I need my strong man to hold the fence down while I delicately 'fall' over it. Anyway the well is really quite beautiful, it's made of stones from the property and all built by hand. No machines in those days!

Russell has also cleaned up a few of the old rubbish tips so we just had to go and have a look. We found lots of interesting stuff like an old singer sewing machine, unfortunately all bent and broken, lots of old bottles some older than others but I just had to bring them ALL home. Since then I've been cleaning them, not an easy job, but hey, what else have I got to do??

The rubbish tip....or collectors corner, as I like to call it
Such a shame this is all bent. I could see this somewhere in our house! I'm sure Donna from Funky Junk Interiors  would be screaming! But Steve just won't let me have it!!
This is only a few of the bottles
They all needed cleaning, my paintbrushes came in handy

We, well I, have been lucky this year because there are some mushrooms around. There's not many around these days because of all the sprays that are used to keep the weeds out of the crops. But on the side of the track and in one of the paddocks which has been left as feed for the sheep there has been quite a few, enough for me anyway.
More mushroom photo's
This was my harvest...minus a few
Stephen doesn't like mushies but I think there's nothing better than field mushrooms with a sprinkle of salt and pepper fried in a little bit of oil on toast for breakfast!
Mmmmm......The smell is divine!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Love the collectors corner...thought you would have a spot in your garden for the old wheel??? the Sun sign is great...if you can't have it take a rubbing of it...thin paper(printer paper) on top and then rub a pencil (soft B) on its side across the top...might make a nice drawing.
Haven't picked field mushies for a very long time...enjoy some for me!