17 June 2011

Watercolours and Yulgering

While in Calingiri I kept myself busy trying a new hobby, painting with watercolour. Those of you who know me..which I'm pretty sure is all of you...haha know that I do not have an artistic bone in my body, both my sister's got those,
so it has been quite interesting. A very good friend of mine (thanks Lesley) gave me some watercolours and paper and a few brushes for my 50th birthday, yes that's almost 2 years ago. I used Youtube, watching a few videos on how to do it. It was a bit of a pain coz one of our modems died but after numerous phone calls to Telstra and adjustments we got back online.  After one or two lessons I gave my sister Vicki a call on Skype and gave her a good old belly laugh when I showed her my first attempts. You won't be seeing them here!!
All set up ready to go...
A few of my masterpieces 
Have to work on those clouds and trees
 It didn't seem as cold this year only had a few frosty mornings. Never get sick of this shot!
 Few more pics from around the farm
 Freshly ploughed ground....
 ....a week or so later the crops start to appear.
I thought it would be easier to go under the fence, Steve thought it was a photo opportunity!!
 Steve finding a bottle in one of the old tips. He's learning!!
 One of the three old wells on Yulgering
 This one is quiet beautiful
 Stephen can see a ghost...can you?
 Beautiful......until next year!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Some of those watercolours are looking pretty good Kerry....love to see them close up...maybe you can scan a couple for me.