22 June 2012

Calingiri 2012

Well we have been in Calingiri for almost two weeks. Steve is flat out seeding working around 13 hours a day one was over 15 hours. It hasn’t been as cold (except for today which is freezing!) as it has been in previous years but it’s still hard to roll out of bed between 4 and 6am, as we usually get up around 8 and sometimes later.
When we arrived as usual there was a bunch of flowers on the table and the house was lovely and fresh.

The lounge room has had a bit of a makeover after the ceiling caved in. Luckily Grace's father is a builder and could repair it before we arrived otherwise it would have been a bit drafty.
Bill
This is Bill a New Zealand Hunterway, the farm dog. He does a bit of sheep work and is very good at keeping Russell company during the long days working. He is very affectionate and loves a pat. 
He spends his day on the back of Russell’s ute and will wait all day, and probably all night if left, for Russell to return. 
This year the the sheep have been lambing a little later. Russell hoped to have seeding finished by the time they were born so he would have more time to tend them and also they would have more feed. Unfortunately, with the rains being so late this plan didn’t quite work. Each day there are a few more little white fluffy lambs jumping around the paddock. Very cute! 
      Lots of twins too

 Unfortunately not all of them make it.....and if they do....
Dinner!
I  was lucky to enjoy my fill of mushrooms again this year. Just had to go and collect them before Russell sprayed the paddock that afternoon.
 So I jumped in the car and went mushrooming. 
Steve isn't interested in them so I had them all to myself.
 A few photo’s I took from the veranda while Steve was working the paddock next to the house.
Smile!!
 After a few more hours

Finished!
The front veranda and our antenna we've hooked up to try and get better reception for the internet. I think it's better than last year but still spasmodic. 

I am trying to keep busy doing lots of work on the Mather family tree (I am finding out some interesting stuff about the ancestors but more on that at a later) but only when the internet decides to work. I’m actually typing this in word and then will transfer it to the blog when it comes back. Soo annoying!! But when it’s not working I have lots of crafty things to try. My first attempt is this 'thing' made with toilet rolls. My daughter Bianca found it on Pinterest and made one so I thought I would give it a go too.


Kept me occupied for a couple of days!
This coming weekend it looks like we may have Sunday off! Yay!!  I am looking forward to catching up with family who have travelled from Iceland and the eastern states. Donna my younger sister is putting on a late lunch for us all in Chidlow. And now it looks like Steve will be able to come as well. Then we'll come back here and probably finish off early in the week.










2 comments:

Vicki said...

So what are freezing temperatures in Calingiri???

Do they keep the lamb skins once they die of natural causes. You can get some lovely ones here...so soft!

Mushrooms look good!

Kerry and Stephen said...

Freezing in Calingiri is around 2 degrees.

I don't think they keep the lamb skins, but I might mention it to them and see what they think. I have a feeling they may laugh.

Mushrooms were delish!