16 February 2011

To Tasmania...

Day 1

Well we had a great trip over, no hold ups. Had to wait in Melbourne for about 3 hours, but can't do much about that!
We picked up the hire car and it was just what we asked for so that was good. A funny thing happened in the car park...we were checking the car for scratches and took a photo of one. Then Steve got in the car to move it forward a bit so we could lift the back up to put our bags in. He moved forward and I stepped backwards and I fell flat on my bum over the thingy that's stops the cars. (photo below) I wasn't hurt, but because I was laughing I couldn't get up. Steve had closed the car door so he was just checking the car out not knowing I was sprawled out on the ground. Eventually he saw me (he thought he'd knocked me over with the car!) and helped me up. Good start to the holiday, hope that's the last stumble either of us has.

Our accommodation the St Ives Apartments in Battery Point is really nice, the reviews I read are spot on!
 Steve relaxing!!

 Little kitchenette so I can prepare meals.
Lovely clean bathroom with white towels and our bed has crisp white sheets.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Day 2

Firstly we went for a stroll around the corner to our first Cache. It was near a lovely old church and took us past some beautiful old homes. We feel like we're in a different country...don't know why?? Maybe it reminds us of New Zealand, very hilly, skinny roads? 



We drove up to Mt Nelson, (one of the caches took us there) we were going to have lunch but the restaurant was full...if you want to have lunch - make a booking!! I'm not putting the name on here, coz the lady was a little rude. 

Mt Nelson

We did a couple of caches up here.....nice easy ones!!

Then we drove up to Mt Stuart. A couple more caches some more great scenery!!

View from Mt Stuart

Did a bit of shopping for dinner tonight and breakfast in the mornings.  When I've finished typing I'm going to relax and when Steve has finished getting all the caches ready for tomorrow he'll be relaxing too.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I sense your cache numbers are about to rise significantly...6 already on your first day...I doubt that I will ever catch up now.

I think I am going to have to teach you the Icelandic shuffle so you don't slip on the ice here...I am getting pretty good at it...touch wood.